Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Motivational Kick In The Ass #3


Photo: Client Kelly Atnip deadlifting more than a lot of guys I know, while I coach in the background.


"When I was in Ireland earlier this year, an 18-year-old guy come up to me and asked if I minded showing him the proper technique for a cable crossover. I just asked him how much he benched, and he replied with "85kg" (187 pounds and he weighed about 200).

Doing cable crossovers at that point is roughly the equivalent of preparing for the SAT with a coloring book." -Eric Cressey

4 comments:

Sean said...

well said sir

Dean said...

I remember that from EC. Great, very true & funny at the same time. I recently ( about 3 months back ) was getting into more iso exercises from Steve Holman Lawson from Iron Man, but stoppped. Going to & need to get alot stronger with the BIG lifts, then down the road I'll add some icing to the cake.

Dean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chase Karnes said...

Thanks for the comments.

@ Dean - Sounds like you have it figured out.