Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Weekend in Indy - Recap

Mike Robertson

Bill Hartman


I have been super busy already starting this week. I got in late Sunday from Indy and have been on the go between clients and class. I just wanted to type of a short summary in bullet fashion of my weekend in Indy.

• Mike and Bill where very welcoming to their facility.
• You have to love a gym that has no machines and 3 power racks. Freaking awesome.
• When I walked in the gym I heard some Tupac blasting from the speakers. It felt like home (my home gym that is).
• I learned a ton of information. Here are a few key points from the gym floor:

 We need another power rack (or two) at our facility.
 Lacrosse balls are the shit.
 Bill Hartman is some kind of superhuman (at least when it comes to his assessments).
 iFast clients are strong (and one dresses a little funny).

NO ASSHATS AT IFAST


 Picked up some great new “cue words” for coaching.
 Picked up some great new mobility and warm up techniques.
 Learned some new exercises.
 I love the prowler

• I also got to meet Tony Gentilcore. He is cool guy and strong (with some freaky ass arms).
• I got to train after hours at the iFast facility. Had a great training session and got to wrap it up with my first experience with the Prowler (in a 50 ft. rope pull/Prowler push).
• We ate at a place called, Fogo de Chao, which serves up 13 different types of meat as long as you want it. Talk about a post workout feast!
• Everyone in Indy where very friendly and a blast to hang out with.

This past weekend was definitely a success! It was great to be surrounded by so many successful and smart coaches/trainers and like minded people. I will be making a trip back up to Indy again for sure.

Here a sample of the Prowler in action:

3 comments:

Lance Goyke said...

Hahahaha, now Chase, I'm not the one who dresses funny, right?

Good to meet you, man. Glad to hear you had fun. Mike, Bill, and Tony are some really good guys.

Chase Karnes said...

Haha, Yes, that was about you. Funny shit.

Good to meet you too. I had fun hanging out with everyone. Good luck in your upcoming PL meet.

Lance Goyke said...

Thanks man. Keep tearing up that strongman competitions.