Friday, August 28, 2009

Moved In and What's Cooking?

So we finally got moved in our new house (actually only I am living here until after we get married). It didn’t take too long to get moved in actually. When you have 2 strength coaches, a sexy fiancé and a case of beer moving stuff isn’t that bad at all.

Sexy Fiancé


Stuff



Now that I am out of my apartment I’m loving my larger kitchen. So much so that I’ve been pulling out the cookbooks and trying out some new stuff. I fixed some turkey meatballs with light Ragu sauce and a side of veggies the other evening. Talk about a killer meal.



I got these out of the Men’s Health “Muscle Chow” cookbook but placed my own twist to them (they were bison meatballs in the book).



Baked Turkey Meatballs

Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground turkey
2 egg whites
½ cup toasted wheat germ (I used untoasted-all I could find)
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon McCormick Salt Free All-Purpose Seasoning
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper

How to make:

Step 1. Preheat oven to “400 degreez” – ( the “z” in honor of the Juvenile album I purchased in 7th grade). Lightly coat a baking pan with cooking spray. Wipe away any excess with a paper towel.

Step 2. Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and knead with your hands until everything is mixed well.

Step 3. Shape into approximately 16 golf ball-size meatballs and place on baking pan.

Step 4. Bake for 15 minutes, turning once after 7 minutes.

I also heated up some light Ragu sauce and poured over them. We had a side of zucchini, onions and mushrooms.



Give this and try and let me know what you think. Got any new recipes for me to try? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

Dave said...

Looks tasty! Congrats on the move. I'm dyin to get out of my apt. as well. You know what's been God's gift to blogging? Video camera's and YouTube. lol. I posted up a couple recipe's this week too. I wrote both articles in less than 20 min. and let the video do the rest of the talking.

Chase Karnes said...

Thanks man!

Yes, I need to get into some more video blogs. I'm posting some training videos soon.

I enjoy your video blogs. Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chase, tried out this recipe and loved it. Please post more recipes as you try them out!
Jess

Chase Karnes said...

Jess,

Glad to know you liked it!

I am making my chinese fajitas tonight. I'll get some pictures and get it posted this week.

They are GREAT!