Thursday, December 18, 2008

What I've Been Up To...


(PIC: Me doing some pull ups)



Lately I have been crazy busy. Here is a run down of what all is going on in my life:


• I recently got engaged on December 5th. I couldn’t be happier. We are planning on a wedding in September.

• I have signed a contract/agreement with a new website that is starting January 28th. I would consider it an “All things Paducah” type site. I have my own health/fitness/nutrition page on the site. I have a ton of great ideas. It should be really interesting.

• I have an article running in Paducah Parenting in January. It isn’t exactly how I wanted it to look but the editor wanted me to “soften” it a little. It has to do with personal training certifications just to give you a hint. Apparently comparing some certifications difficulty to obtain, to as easy as waiting for your check to clear, would leave a “bad taste” in some trainer’s mouths. I wonder why?

• I finished up the semester with all A’s and B’s and made the Dean’s list. I just wanted to brag a little.

• My training is going great. I’m training myself very similar to my athletes and love feeling athletic. Mobility work, foam rolling and old school static stretching has made me feel 10 years younger.

• I read two great books this week by Christian Thibadeau. Anyone interested in learning some more in-depth knowledge of training should check his books out.

• I am attending the NSCA Sport Specific Conference around the first of January. I hope to learn some awesome information and meet some really good speakers.

• Just to give everyone a heads up, expect to see some really cool things from me and Argonauts in the next year.

• To all of my in-season clients I wish everyone good luck and kick some ass.

• Biotest’s Spike is the closest thing to crack I would imagine there is. First of all, for the record I have never tried crack nor plan to. Spike is very addictive though. Actually I can live without it, but Spike is the best pre workout energy drink since the old school thermos w/ephedra (which is now illegal). However; here is my reasoning behind this. I ran out before I had placed my next order. I remembered GNC sells Spike with one hell of a mark up rate. So, I paid damn near 4 dollars per can of Spike. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

No comments: