Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm Behind!


Speaking of Vacation – Cancun ’05! Me with a shaved head, front and center!

Lately I have been slacking in the blog post department. I apologize for that. I have been very busy. Besides training my regular clients 40+ hours a week, training myself, and spending time with my wife I have a lot of other stuff going on. Currently I am working on a up coming presentation I will be presenting for staff at a local chiropractic office, I am working on a newly formatted blog, I am reading/watching Assess and Correct, Teaching The Olympic Lifts DVD, Think and Grow Rich (for the second time), Joe Defranco’s “Built Like a Badass” , and I am studying for my CSCS. I also have 6 new books here on my desk I want to start reading once I get some of the other stuff done. I also have a couple cool projects in the works. On top of this I am making plans for the seminars/clinics/summits I plan to attend this year, all the NAS Strongman competitions I plan to compete in, Oh and the 4 weddings in the month of June I have to attend (Looks like June is booked!). Also have to fit a vacation in (thinking Jamaica again!)

On the same note, everything is going great! I love keeping busy and working on things. And I plan on getting back to at least 2 quality blog post a week (and some random YouTube videos, etc. for some filler when I’m running behind). So don’t stop checking in! Leave me some comments below if there is anything you want blogged about in the near future! What do YOU want?

6 comments:

Chad Doncsecz said...

Hey Chase,

I enjoy the "Day In Eating:Food Edition" kinds of articles. Or basically any training videos you post up.

Have you red the book "Maximum Strength" by Eric Cressey? I have been thinking about starting the workouts in his book come February.

-Chad

Jonathan said...

Hey Chase,

Wow, lookin' totally buff back then! I sure would like to look something like that some day at a beach!! I'm working on it. Hopefully my buff days will come!

It's hard to keep up with everything in life, eh? I always seem to slack in some areas, then I try to catch up on them and in doing so, I slack in something else. It's never-ending.

I've enjoyed reading your motivational stories, thoughts, and concepts. I like your 25 on 25 and things I've learned stories too!

Danny said...

Im reading a lot of stuff also..
anyway,..

Just curious, what do you think of Defranco badass routine, i was a bit disapointed honestly!
Defranco finisher are good but if you are familiar with Ross Enamait stuff i thin his finisher and warrior challenge were way better!
What you think??

Chase Karnes said...

@ Chad - Thanks for the feedback man! It is about time for some more food post.

Yeah I have read it. Eric is a smart dude and it looks like a pretty solid program.

Another good option if your wanting to focus on strength is Wendler's 5-3-1. In my opinion it is a little more simplistic than "Maximum Strength" but still effective.

@ Jonathan - Thanks man! You will get there soon enough. It just takes that time under the bar.

Thanks for the feedback. I will continue with those ideas.

@ Danny - I know of Ross Enamait but I haven't read any of his stuff (yet, I will be checking it out eventually).

I think DeFranco's routine is actually pretty solid for the price. The links to the exercise demo's, the links to his warm ups, and the program progession are all pretty good; especially for the price. The finishers are pretty good as well.

If you give it a try let me know how it goes.

Danny said...

Chases:

No i don't plan on doing the badass routine but just took some idea from the book, some complexes and a few exercices like the 21s for biceps to finish my workout. Other then that tight now im a doing 5/3/1 with lots of conditioning!
Hey i have a log in a blog format, take a look if you have some time to kill!
http://northofvag.blogspot.com/

Chase Karnes said...

@ Danny - I'll check it out.