Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Squats



I was fortunate enough to have my classes cancelled today. That means I have more time to catch up on things I may have been getting behind on. It also gave me a little bit of time catch up on some article reading. I came across a Mike Mahler article on T-Nation.com and loved this excerpt on squats.

“Let's be honest: Lots of guys hate doing squats, and avoid them like a psycho ex-girlfriend. Lots of guys complain about not making progress. How much crossover do you think there is between those two groups?

Pretty close to 100 percent?
Squats work because they're hard to do. They're responsible for more workout-induced puking than any other exercise. (Helpful tip: Don't eat anything for two hours before squatting.)”


That simple short paragraph couldn’t be truer. I don’t care if you are 6 years old or 60, male or female, tall or short, love them or hate them, squats (or a variation of) should be included in your program.

No comments: