Thursday, November 13, 2008

Haterade!



As defined by the urban dictionary a hater is: A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person. The definition of Haterade is: The metaphorical drink that gives haters their ability to hate, just like Gatorade gives athletes the fluids to compete physically. Combined by mixing the words "hater" and "Gatorade".

Lately I feel as if a lot of people have been sipping on a nice cold bottle of Haterade. It seems everyone is jealous of others success. I have high school athletes that their teammates make remarks like: “Oh, I work out alone because I don’t need someone to hold my hand through my workouts.” I mean what the hell? First of all there is absolutely no hand holding going on. Stop hating because they are getting bigger, faster and stronger while you are sitting on your ass after school. Then they are taking your starting position on the team once season starts. Another example that bugs me is when I have a client doing their best to follow their meal plan and get the pounds off. They are super determined but then someone has to drink a bottle of some good ‘ole Haterade and start making negative comments about their progress or other things. Then on top of that start trying to sabotage their dietary efforts but offering junk food to the person. Another example of someone and their Haterade consumption is when someone is working out in the public gym, doing the exercises that work while some someone sits on the leg extension machine giving them dirty looks. Stop it, enough with the hating.

I think its time we sneak into those peoples houses and substitute their Haterade with a nice cup of shut the hell up!

No comments: