Friday, April 17, 2009

What I Have Been Up To?

I haven’t had much time for writing any blogs lately. I am actually finishing up my last semester at Murray. I have a 3 hour class this summer and then I will be graduating with my Bachelors of Exercise Science in August. I shouldn’t have any more trips back to Murray unless there are problems with my assignments I have turned in. Most of my classes this semester where “work at your own pace” with a ton of assignments at the beginning. I just knocked them out one by one, actually finishing about a month early.

This Is What Helped Me Finish School Early


So what else is going on:

• My 2nd strongman competition is coming up next weekend in St. Louis Missouri. I have been preparing for this for the last 3 months and I am super excited to compete. I have some friends going up to watch so the “after party” should be a good time.

• By request I am putting together a couple bids for some local high school teams to work with their athletes. If they accept I will be working with 2 local teams conducting an on-site Strength and Conditioning program for the summer.

• I am working out the final details in starting an OUTDOOR Summer Fat Loss/Conditioning Class. I plan to hold it on Tues/Thurs mornings in a local park. Class will include 45 minute intense workout and nutritional guidance. Classes will be limited and at a very affordable rate. Contact me for more information if you are interested. chasekarnes@hotmail.com

• As soon as my strongman competition is over I am going into an aggressive fat loss phase. There is 28 days between my competition and the first day I will be shirtless on the lake. I definitely don’t get out of shape in the winter but anyone who tries to pack on any appreciable amount of muscle understands the abs get a little blurry during the winter months. I am ready to see how much fat I can lose in those 28 days. Dan John has a great quote that is very applicable to this:

“Fat loss is an all-out war. Give it 28 days — only 28 days. Attack it with all you have. It’s not a lifestyle choice; it’s a battle. Lose fat and then get back into moderation.” – Dan John

I am ready for battle…

And I am ready to…be on a boat!



• I am hoping to make some time now for more blogging and article writing since my school work will be minimized.

• I have 4 powerlifters competing in 8 weeks in Cookeville, TN. I am ready for:

1. Seeing some heavy shit lifted
2. Records to be broken (Personal and State)
3. A great weekend out of town

No comments: