Monday, September 28, 2009

Soccer Season


We are definitely coming up on the end of soccer season. And I couldn’t be happier with how all my soccer athletes are playing. I just wanted to give Jason Straub some recognition for making the front page of the Paducah Sun newspaper last week.


Jason (#3) Dominating

For those who want to step up their game next year you’ve got to do it in the off season! Jason (and 2 other of my soccer athletes: Chase and Jared) started with me last November as soon as season was over. They worked their asses off all year and probably would rather have slept in those mornings I had them pushing the prowler in the hot August sun. But they didn’t. They practiced while you slept. They trained while you laid by the pool. They ate while you skipped meals. They pushed it when you quit. Hell, one of them may even took your girlfriend out while you sat at home. Want to kick up your soccer game for next season? Prepare in the off season.

Check out this article for an off season soccer training starting point.

No comments: