Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Little History Lesson




Here I am this morning sitting in MSU’s Waterfield library. I should be studying for my advanced exercise physiology 6 chapter test (that’s a lot of information!). Instead I am writing this blog. I was doing good and deep into study mode. Then it hit me, the Spike I had drank earlier this morning had already ran through my system and I had to pee. Normally I wouldn’t blog about such a thing but while I was in the restroom there was this laminated sheet above the urinal. I went ahead and started reading it while I stood there and one thing stood out to me

“Weird Fact: Abraham Lincoln’s mother died from drinking cow’s milk from a cow that had eaten poisonous mushrooms.”

Now you may wonder why that sticks out to me. Well it just makes me think about all the foods we consume being health conscious and body composition minded. A big portion of our daily diet (chicken, beef, eggs, yogurt, milk etc.) are pumped full of steroids and pesticides. Some may think the organic stuff is just hype. I may have been guilty of that when I first started hearing word of it. In the past year I have changed my thinking drastically I buy organic almost every time possible. And if you don’t maybe you can learn something from ‘Ole Honest Abe’s Mother. Remember you are not only what you eat. You are what you eat, eats.

No comments: