Friday, February 6, 2009

In the Kitchen

Last week Paducah KY (where I live) was hit by a huge ice storm. Unfortunately nearly everyone lost power. I lost power for 9 days (it could have been worse; many are still without). The worse part of the whole ordeal was losing so much food thanks to no electricity. However; I try to make the best out of any situation I face. So I actually enjoyed cleaning it out (actually my fiancé did most of the cleaning) and heading to the grocery to stock up on all new healthy food.



View of the freezer before:



View of the freezer after:



Sirloin steak, mixed garden vegetables, broccoli, asparagus and blueberries

View of the fridge and door before:




View of the fridge after:



Natural peanut butter (it stores better upside down), half drank Spike, avocados, extra lean ground beef, chicken breast tenderloins, turkey bacon, 2% slice cheese, deli chicken and turkey breast, omega-3 eggs, cherry Coke Zero, Lowfat cottage cheese, turkey sausage, organic tomatoes, Brita water, organic 2% milk, spinach, organic fat free plain yogurt, pomegranate green tea, pomegranate, coffee


In the door after:



Red hot, honey mustard, lime juice, lemon juice, Newman’s Own vinegar and olive oil dressing, Worcestershire sauce, A-1


Now you have seen the inside of my fridge and freezer. As you can see I practice what I preach. Stay tuned for my next blog where I show meals I have prepared using the groceries from my fridge (and some stuff out of my pantry).

No comments: