Saturday, October 4, 2008

Thoughts From the Gym Floor:




I work at a gym obviously (I feel stupid for even typing that). Sometimes however, I like to mix my training up. I like to train at Murray State in their facility. I like to stop in Mega Gym up in Draffenville for a change of pace. Yesterday I decided to stop in Energy Fitness. Here are some of my random thoughts from the gym floor:

• Upon entering I realized I forgot my wallet so I made my friend pay my day pass. $12.00. I paid him back later with a few beer at Tokyo Sushi.

• I felt bad because the desk worker was taking donations for breast cancer awareness month and I had to look like an ass for having to say no. I may stop in there today just to drop off a donation.

• Its nice to work out in a large facility such as Energy. Occasionally I felt as if I was at Globo Gym from the Movie Dodgeball though.

• Super sets are damn hard to do in a big gym. Trying to superset dips and incline curls weren’t even worth it. I would have to walk what seemed like 50 yards then wait for an incline bench to open up then walk back 50 yards. I just stuck with straight sets for the day.

• I thought Monday was international frat boy bench press and curl day. Apparently so is Friday.

• Four friends of mine are dieting for a bodybuilding building show. How I didn’t envy them up in the cardio area doing their cardio.

• The music was awesome though. I heard some Pantera, Clutch, Metallica and Black Label Society. Oh wait, I was wearing my iPod. The music was terrible.

• After completing a new PR on set of push press my friend (who forgot his iPod) asked what I was listening to. I replied with, “NSYNC: Bye, Bye, Bye”. That wasn’t a lie though. When I paused my iPod that’s what I heard playing on the gym speakers.

• PR is a personal record for those who don’t know.

Well it sure is nice to train with a new change of scenery. Followed up with a shake and some post workout sushi it was a great night. After that we saw a little magic at Max’s from a friend and client of mine Todd Duff (www.toddduff.com). Very impressive stuff I recommend everyone to check it out live sometime.

No comments: