Friday, November 28, 2008

The Day After Thanksgiving



I woke up this morning at around 5:15. Was it to go Christmas shopping and save on all the big sales? Nope, just thinking about the stress of that causes my cortisol levels to rise. (However, it would be nice to try on some clothes today. The lighting in those dressing rooms appears to add 20 lbs of muscle and drop your bodyfat to the low single digits. It is pretty badass, until you get home of course). I did get up today to train clients. Yes, the day after Thanksgiving (which most are out of school and off work) people wanted to train. It wasn’t that I begged them to come in today. I made no threats nor gave any bribes. They simply asked me if they could train. At first it didn’t seem like a big deal. Yet, the more I thought about it, I came to realize it kind of is. I am proud that they have ingrained this into their routine. I had 12 clients come in today to train. Some soccer players, wrestlers, figure athletes, triathletes, powerlifters and some that just enjoy working out and improving themselves. Most would look at today as a day off from work or school and from the gym. Not these people. I am glad these clients wanted to be there. For most it wasn’t their normal time slots or even days. But they chose to train. It just makes me happy to see people that dedicated to getting their workout in and one step closer to their goal. It’s not that they have to, they choose to. I think more people need to start “choosing” to add working out and proper nutrition to their schedule. It should be a part of everyone’s life.

No comments: